Thursday, July 8, 2010

If you can't take the heat, ...save your energy and stay in the kitchen. It's just as hot outside.

Do you want to know the secret to a great Iced Tea?
...booze, friends, and a reflective Carafe.
1lt. Water
2 bags Organic Green Tea
2 Sprigs of Pepper Mint
Simple Syrup TT
4 tbs. White Rum
Steep, Chill, Serve, Run around a stationary baseball bat held to your forehead and do laps around the house. Last part optional if wife is home.
Gazpacho Soup
Avocado, Serrano Ham, Seared Diver Scallop.
1lt Tomato Juice
1 Red Pepper (seeded, rough chopped)
2 Heirloom Tomatoes (concasse)
2 Shallots chopped
2 Cloves Garlic
1 English Cucumber (peeled, seeded, chopped)
1 Sm. Bunch Genovese Basil
1 Sm. Chili
2 tbs. Extra Awesome Olive Oil
Salt, Pepper TT
Marinate everything minus the last three ingredients for a day. Using a vita-mix, blend to smooth and slowly add the Oil. Season to taste.
Garnish with the Avocado, Ham, and Scallop.

Sun-dried Cherry, White Callebaut Chocolate Gelato
Amerena Cherries

28 Egg Yolks
750gr. Granulated Sugar
2.5 lt Whole Milk (as suppose to "hole" milk ...haha..ha)
850gr. Plain Organic Yogurt
150gr. Sun-dried Cherries ($16.99 lb. so be cheap like the budgie)
200gr. Cherry Puree
250gr. White Chocolate Chopped (350gr. if you need to taste first)

Method;

Steep the milk with half the sugar.
At the same time, Whip the eggs with the other half of sugar.
Slowly temper the milk into the yolks. Strain. Chill. Add the rest of the ingredients. Again, Chill. 24 Hours later, churn. Eat within two days for the smoothest results.

*fyi Vanessa "living-in-the-pastry-freezer" Fiorini was nice enough to develop and execute this gelato. ...Very nice touch on the yogurt.


Important Vegetable Garden Update!
I am currently using the "Forth of July" Tomatoes, Thyme, and Curly Parsley in my kitchen. Drastic action will soon be needed as the cucumber patch is eyeballing both the basil on the left, and the spanish onions to the right. Weeds seem to be conspiring against my leeks as well. Might need to incorporate violence to bring them down. Will keep everyone posted.


Me. Royal York Rooftop. Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
...thinking I should change me profile shot to this one actually...

Okay, it's hot out. Like a grill station at my front door. I am stuck inside, and on my desktop I have about a half dozen potential blog postings I am floating around...However, I cannot even think about writing anything we have done on the hot line lately with any exuberance of passion. So, I am picking things particularly close to my heart this week. I settled for three recipes finessed in the past few days to combat against this global-warming-is-real temperatures.

I intend to get into a raw diet if this uncivilized sunniness continues.

-Jerek "Frosty Pants" Bowman.






No comments:

Post a Comment