Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Over The Head Dinner Menu. (Part 2 of 3 in a trilogy of awesomeness and glory on the edge of disaster with amazing saves.)

Lobster Coins. I was inspired by a FCI tutorial on how to properly use Meat Glue. I added my own little finesse to it though. Brining, and sous-vide with clarified brown butter. Note the complete red meat on the outside, and pure white middle.

My fridge down in the cold cellar on Thursday, Feb 24th, 2011 (11:08 pm).

Barry, taking time off from chirping me to come up with what I consider to be the best brined/spiced braised/seared pork belly I have had.


Molecular Gastronomy finally came into my house. It was high time to learn about it.



Humour.

Honest!

HA! HA!



The Ginger-Ale Caviar set-up.
From left; Ginger-Ale Gel (Sodium Alginate), Calcium Chloride Solution, Water, Ginger-Ale steeped with Ginger and Lemon.



Mark (thank you very much for your help and all the chemicals!) Anins, staring in fascination at the syringe (thank you to my family for the supply of syringes....) the Ginger-Ale Gel.



Ginger-Ale Caviar (Yes, it is liquid in the middle)



In the middle of the process for making the Wild Scallop Polenta Terrine.

This was the easy part. Cutting the whole thing was the tricky part.



Arancini Trouble Shoot Exam

So, the big issue with having an arancini stuffed with gelatin egg yolk is how long and at what temperature do you need to fry it so that a) It actually melts and does not remain a solid piece of crap, and b) It does not overcook and you look like a solid piece of crap.

We needed to know this before the dinner so we did a trial run...


The Answer;

350F for 2.5 minutes.




I was not kidding here. I really sprouted some chili. Look, I took a picture before I launched it into the Gnocchi.


No comments:

Post a Comment