Saturday, February 13, 2010

My last meal (and the scratch marks on the walls dragging me to the electric chair)

My last meal.
Since it's actually not the final meal I will eat, it also makes for a nice movie date night. ...we watched a "Dramady" (500 Days of Summer), part funny-kinda, but mostly slit the wrists depressing. Not usually my kind of flick, I am of the "Dumb & Dumber" school of movie watching. The funnier the movie, the better the taste of the food!

Coconut Chai Rice Pudding
Candied Banana
Kahlua Sauce
(Should be served warm, I tried it cold to see which I preferred. ...Warm it shall remain)

Would these be the last faces I would eat with?
I love the question "If you knew you were about to die on the electric chair (Probably F.O.H. Staff finally made you tick off that last branch of sanity), what would you eat?".
I have never been able to fully answer that question with absolute conviction. I knew it would be something homey... hearty, good flavour, wine friendly.... but I had a hard time pinpointing it down until very recently.
In my opinion, the food I produce at the cottage remains unchallenged as my personal favorite food stuff to consume. Usually simple, made with the few tools around, it's the quaint essential Canadian experience to eat fresh caught fish at 9:30am while your hands still have residual slime on them from the cleaning.
What would I eat right before dying (Assuming I am still stoic like William Wallace in "Brave Heart" at that point...)?
The Epicenter of my food happiness is;
Hot Smoked Maple/Soy Glazed Salmon
Apple/Bacon Potato Latkes
Dijon Dill Creme Fraiche
~
Atlantic Lobster, Scallion Cakes
~
Coconut Chai Rice Pudding
Candied Banana
Kahlua Sauce
~
2006 Austrian Weingut Stadt Krems "Steinterrassen" Riesling
~
FREEEEDDOMMMM!!!
-Jerek

No comments:

Post a Comment