Monday, May 3, 2010

Chocolate Banana Custard Cake, The kryptonite of the recovering chocoholic 12-step program...

Chocolate Banana Custard Cake
Tahitian Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Caramel
I am succumbing to popular demand. I make no secrets, and hide no shame in my destitute addiction of chocolate. Life is far to short to deny something so... so meaningfully perfect. Chocolate is one giant metaphor for why life's worth living. ...exclude the new style Hershey Kisses from that last statement.
As I get older (mature) I find that I am gravitating away from the sweet milk chocolate of youth (naive hacks) to a more comfortable and purer 50-60% Cocoa Butter content. Not as sweet, but more chocolate taste with a fuller feel to it. Plus, since graduating from an advance chocolate course last year, if the couverture hasn't been tempered, it's complete crap in my books (and heart).
This dessert showcased represents everything I love. It's chocolate, it's simple, it looks bland and unassuming, so it surprises everybody who tries it for the first time. It is the victorious underdog of desserts.
You have fancy people coming over and you want to impress?
This is the dish you do. Enough people want the recipe, so I am posting it. Whoever developed this recipe really got the shaft on royalties.
Chocolate Banana Custard Cake

Ingredients:
200gr Butter (Salted)
130gr. Dark Chocolate (THE GOOD STUFF)
100gr. Banana Puree
3 lg. Eggs (Thx. Erin!)
80gr. Granulated Sugar
Method:
1) Preheat oven to 300F. Line a 6X8 pan with parchment paper.
2) In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the banana puree, eggs, and sugar.
4) Add the melted Chocolate into the Banana mix. Pour the combined batter in the pan and bake in a bain marie for 27-30 minutes.
5) Chill in fridge.
You are welcome. I feel as if I have done my part for humanity.
-Jerek

No comments:

Post a Comment