Sunday, January 22, 2012

Foie-get a-beet it. (Just one of like 3 awful pun titles I came up with. I chose the family friendly one.)

Heirloom Beet Salad, Torchon de Foie Gras Ribbons

Perfect Winter Salad as far as my ego is concerned. I love the idea of beets (earthy, sweet) mixed with foie gras (fatty, rich, expensive). I use creme fraiche to add a little acid. To make the ribbons, make a torchon, freeze it, then to order, run the torchon lengthwise across a sharp slicer and plate right away. Beets are cooked in citrus/butter/cranberry reduction au sous-vide for 4 hours @ 185.

I have gotten into the habit of attaching links at the end of my post because A) SOPA is trendy right now and B) It's what I am sourcing when I am not actually cooking. So again, here is more interesting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment